Introduction to Wavelet Transforms - 1st Edition
The textbook, Introduction to Wavelet Transforms provides basics of wavelet transforms in a self-contained manner. Applications of wavelet transform theory permeate our daily lives. Therefore it is imperative to have a strong foundation for this subject.
- No prior knowledge of the subject is assumed. Sufficient mathematical background is provided to complete the discussion of different topics.
- Different topics have been properly segmented for easy learning. This makes the textbook pedagogical and unique.
- Notation is generally introduced in the definitions. Relatively easy consequences of the definitions are listed as observations, and important results are stated as theorems.
- Examples are provided for clarity and to enhance reader's understanding of the subject.
- Each chapter also has a problem section. A majority of the problems are provided with sufficient hints.
The textbook can be used either in an upper-level undergraduate or first-year graduate class in electrical engineering, or computer science, or applied mathematics. It can also be used by professionals and researchers in the field who would like a quick review of the basics of the subject.
Chapman and Hall/CRC
Bhatnagar, Nirdosh, "Introduction to Wavelet Transforms - 1st Edition" (2020). Faculty Book Gallery. 494.