Contemporary Clinical Psychology, Second Edition
Thomas G. Plante (Author)
UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION AND INSIGHT ON BECOMING A CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
Contemporary Clinical Psychology, Second Edition presents a broad-spectrum overview of clinical psychology. Featuring a detailed review of the history, scientific foundations, and theoretical orientation of the field as it highlights the activities, roles, and responsibilities of today's clinical psychologist, this realistic and practical "view from the inside" provides:
* Insights into prevention, ethics, evidence-based treatments, confidentiality laws and regulations including HIPAA, and countless other current issues
* Case studies detailing the theoretical conceptualization, assessment, and treatment of clients, along with discussions of testing, therapy, consultation, and ethics
* Chapter-ending "Big Picture" synopses and lists of key points and terms to ensure understanding of the material covered, as well as a unique "Real Students, Real Questions" section, featuring actual questions asked by clinical psychology students
* Firsthand input from a diverse cross section of professionals about embarking on a career in clinical psychology
* Current and future trends, plus a step-by-step "road map" that covers all aspects of becoming a clinical psychologist
Utilizing an integrative biopsychosocial approach throughout, this thoroughly revised text reflects a contemporary perspective of clinical psychology. Author Thomas Plante, a practicing clinician as well as college professor, draws on his own experience working with clients as well as his work as a mental health director and consultant to illustrate the real world of clinical psychology and provide an accurate picture of how science and practice function together in the day-to-day practice of psychology.
From general knowledge and information to specific topics, including modes of research and areas of specialization, Contemporary Clinical Psychology, Second Edition presents a comprehensive and engaging view of the art and science of clinical psychology. Designed for upper-level undergraduates and first-year graduate students,yet invaluable for virtually anyone pursuing a career in psychology or related fields, it provides a frank and contemporary portrayal of the dynamic field of clinical psychology from many different perspectives and in many different settings.
Clinical Psychology | Psychology
Plante, Thomas G. PhD, ABPP, "Contemporary Clinical Psychology, Second Edition" (2004). Faculty Book Gallery. 318.